Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after some time and therefore need to be changed. You’re most likely on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Fiat 500, we’ve made this content to help you do it alone and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Fiat 500 and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Fiat 500 is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the safety components of your Fiat 500. In fact, you are nearly always in a rush and tend to enter into your car, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is consequently important to take the time to occasionally verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Fiat 500, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple solutions to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Fiat 500, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and examine which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first solution shown previously.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our blog posts to help you to accomplish this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Fiat 500
Now let’s go to the most significant part of this content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Fiat 500? You should be aware that this operation is very simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Fiat 500. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to in order to accomplish this action accurately according to the technique you wish to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Fiat 500 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Fiat 500 by the new one (make certain to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Fiat 500 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take away your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Fiat 500 following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Fiat 500 through the wheel arch:
This tactic is especially effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Fiat 500 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
To get more tips on the Fiat 500, take a look at the Fiat 500 category.