Regardless whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always working is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out over the years and therefore need to be changed. You’re quite likely here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Dodge Ram, we’ve written this document to help you do it alone and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Ram and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Ram is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the security features of your Dodge Ram. In reality, you are mostly in a rush and tend to get into your car, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is consequently important to take the time to once in a while verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Dodge Ram, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple solutions to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indicator on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Dodge Ram, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first methodology shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our blog posts to help you to do this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Ram
Now let’s go to the most significant part of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Ram? Take note that this procedure is fairly simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Ram. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific document. However, here are the details of the actions to follow to be able to execute this action efficiently dependant on the method you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Ram through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Dodge Ram by the new one (be sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Dodge Ram on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take away your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Dodge Ram following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Ram through the wheel arch:
This technique is extremely valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Ram through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will point them now:
If you want more tutorials on the Dodge Ram, go to our Dodge Ram category.