It doesn’t matter if for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always working is imperative. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out after awhile and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re almost certainly on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Dodge Nitro, we’ve written and published this content page to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your technician. In a first step, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Nitro and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Nitro is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the security features of your Dodge Nitro. Indeed, you are in many cases in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a result important to take the time to sometimes check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Dodge Nitro, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible sign on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Dodge Nitro, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and examine which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our content articles to help you to achieve this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Nitro
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this content page, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Nitro? Take note that this task is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Nitro. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content page. However, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to perform this action efficiently according to the solution you wish to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Nitro through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Dodge Nitro by the new one (ensure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Dodge Nitro on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take away your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Dodge Nitro following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Nitro through the wheel arch:
This approach is specially useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Nitro through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will point them now:
To discover more tips on the Dodge Nitro, take a look at the Dodge Nitro category.