Regardless whether for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out after awhile and as a result need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Dodge Journey, we’ve written this document to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first section, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Journey and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Journey is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the safety components of your Dodge Journey. In reality, you are in general in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a result important to take the time to once in a while verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Dodge Journey, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Dodge Journey, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our blog posts to help you to do this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Journey
Now let’s go to the most significant section of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Journey? You should be aware that this technique is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Journey. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to to be able to carry out this act accurately dependant on the technique you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Journey through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Dodge Journey by the new one (make certain to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Dodge Journey on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Dodge Journey following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Journey through the wheel arch:
This methodology is particularly practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Journey through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will describe them now:
To find more tips on the Dodge Journey, take a look at the Dodge Journey category.