It doesn’t matter if for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out with time and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re most certainly on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Dodge Dart, we’ve written and published this content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first section, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Dart and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Dart is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the safety features of your Dodge Dart. Indeed, you are most likely in a hurry and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is therefore fundamental to take the time to once in a while verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Dodge Dart, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible sign on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Dodge Dart, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first process shown above.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our articles to help you to conduct this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Dart
Now let’s go to the most significant section of this content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Dart? Please note that this procedure is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Dart. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content. However, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to perform this act accurately depending on the technique you want to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Dart through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Dodge Dart by the new one (ensure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Dodge Dart on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Dodge Dart following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Dart through the wheel arch:
This technique is specifically practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Dart through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will describe them now:
If you wish more guides on the Dodge Dart, go to our Dodge Dart category.