Regardless for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always operational is important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out over time and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re likely on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Dodge Caliber, we’ve made this content to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first section, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Caliber and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Caliber is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the security features of your Dodge Caliber. In fact, you are frequently in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is consequently relevant to take the time to once in a while check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Dodge Caliber, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple solutions to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Dodge Caliber, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first methodology shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our blog posts to help you to conduct this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Caliber
Now let’s go to the most essential section of this content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Caliber? Please be aware that this operation is really easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Caliber. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content. However, here are the details of the simple steps to follow to be able to accomplish this act properly dependant on the technique you wish to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Caliber through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Dodge Caliber by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Dodge Caliber on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Dodge Caliber following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Caliber through the wheel arch:
This methodology is particularly effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Caliber through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will explain them now:
If you need more tutorials on the Dodge Caliber, go to our Dodge Caliber category.