Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after some time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re quite likely on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Dodge Avenger, we’ve created this article content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your technician. In a first part, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Avenger and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Avenger is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to verify all the safety components of your Dodge Avenger. In reality, you are often times in a hurry and tend to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a result important to take the time to once in a while verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Dodge Avenger, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple options to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indicator on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Dodge Avenger, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our articles to help you to accomplish this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Avenger
Now let’s go to the most essential part of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Avenger? You should be aware that this procedure is fairly simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Avenger. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article content. However, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to in order to accomplish this act accurately depending on the strategy you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Dodge Avenger through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Dodge Avenger by the new one (ensure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Dodge Avenger on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take off your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Dodge Avenger following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Avenger through the wheel arch:
This tactic is particularly effective when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Dodge Avenger through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them right now:
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Dodge Avenger, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Avenger category.