Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always working is important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after some time and as a result need to be changed. You’re most likely on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Citroen Jumpy, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it alone and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Citroen Jumpy and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Citroen Jumpy is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the safety components of your Citroen Jumpy. In fact, you are often times in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore essential to take the time to once in a while verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Citroen Jumpy, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple techniques to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Citroen Jumpy, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first process shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our blog posts to help you to perform this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Citroen Jumpy
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Citroen Jumpy? Please be aware that this procedure is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Citroen Jumpy. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to conduct this act accurately according to the solution you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Citroen Jumpy through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Citroen Jumpy by the new one (make certain to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Citroen Jumpy on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Citroen Jumpy following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Citroen Jumpy through the wheel arch:
This methodology is specially useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Citroen Jumpy through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will describe them now:
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Citroen Jumpy, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen Jumpy category.