Regardless for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always operational is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after awhile and consequently need to be changed. You’re likely in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Citroen Ds3, we’ve made this content page to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your technician. In a first step, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Citroen Ds3 and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Citroen Ds3 is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to examine all the safety equipments of your Citroen Ds3. In reality, you are often times in a rush and tend to enter into your car, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore relevant to take the time to sometimes examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Citroen Ds3, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple techniques to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indication on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Citroen Ds3, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our articles to help you to carry out this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Citroen Ds3
Now let’s go to the most important step of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Citroen Ds3? Please be aware that this process is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Citroen Ds3. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content page. Nevertheless, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to carry out this act properly depending on the technique you want to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Citroen Ds3 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Citroen Ds3 by the new one (ensure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Citroen Ds3 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Citroen Ds3 following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Citroen Ds3 through the wheel arch:
This approach is especially useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Citroen Ds3 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will detail them now:
To get more tips on the Citroen Ds3, take a look at the Citroen Ds3 category.