Regardless whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is imperative. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out as time passes and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re likely on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Chrysler 300, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Chrysler 300 and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Chrysler 300 is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to examine all the security features of your Chrysler 300. Indeed, you are in general in a rush and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is consequently crucial to take the time to occasionally examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Chrysler 300, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple solutions to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Chrysler 300, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check out which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first procedure shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our articles to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Chrysler 300
Now let’s go to the most significant part of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Chrysler 300? You should be aware that this operation is quite easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Chrysler 300. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. However, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to to be able to carry out this act properly according to the approach you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Chrysler 300 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Chrysler 300 by the new one (be sure to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Chrysler 300 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take off your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Chrysler 300 following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chrysler 300 through the wheel arch:
This methodology is specifically useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chrysler 300 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will explain them right now:
If you have any additional questions about the Chrysler 300, do not hesitate to consult our Chrysler 300 category.