Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is imperative. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out over time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re quite likely on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Chrysler 200, we’ve written this content page to help you do it without help and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first section, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Chrysler 200 and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Chrysler 200 is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the safety features of your Chrysler 200. In fact, you are mostly in a hurry and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore important to take the time to sometimes verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Chrysler 200, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple solutions to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Chrysler 200, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check out which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first methodology shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our blog posts to help you to do this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Chrysler 200
Now let’s go to the most significant section of this content page, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Chrysler 200? Please be aware that this procedure is quite easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Chrysler 200. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content page. However, here are the details of the steps to follow in order to execute this act properly depending on the method you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Chrysler 200 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Chrysler 200 by the new one (make sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Chrysler 200 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take off your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Chrysler 200 following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chrysler 200 through the wheel arch:
This methodology is specifically effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chrysler 200 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will explain them right now:
To get more tips on the Chrysler 200, take a look at the Chrysler 200 category.