It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always working is necessary. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after awhile and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re likely on this website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Trax, we’ve created this document to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your technician. In a first part, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Trax and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Trax is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the safety features of your Chevrolet Trax. Indeed, you are nearly always in a hurry and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is therefore fundamental to take the time to sometimes verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Trax, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Chevrolet Trax, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and examine which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first process shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our blog posts to help you to do this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Trax
Now let’s go to the most significant part of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Trax? You should be aware that this operation is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Trax. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. On the other hand, here are the details of the steps to follow in order to accomplish this action efficiently dependant on the technique you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Trax through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Chevrolet Trax by the new one (make sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Chevrolet Trax on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take out your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Chevrolet Trax following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Trax through the wheel arch:
This process is extremely practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Trax through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them right now:
To get more tips on the Chevrolet Trax, take a look at the Chevrolet Trax category.