Regardless whether for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functional is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out in the future and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Sonic, we’ve written and published this content page to help you do it without help and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Sonic and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Sonic is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the security equipments of your Chevrolet Sonic. In reality, you are in many cases in a hurry and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is as a consequence fundamental to take the time to occasionally check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Chevrolet Sonic, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple methods to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indicator on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Chevrolet Sonic, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first process shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to carry out this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Sonic
Now let’s go to the most essential part of this content page, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Sonic? Please note that this procedure is quite easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Sonic. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content page. However, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to in order to accomplish this action accurately according to the method you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet Sonic through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Chevrolet Sonic by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Chevrolet Sonic on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take away your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Chevrolet Sonic following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Sonic through the wheel arch:
This methodology is particularly valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet Sonic through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them now:
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Chevrolet Sonic, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Sonic category.