Regardless whether for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functional is imperative. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out after some time and consequently need to be changed. You’re perhaps on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Chevrolet HHR, we’ve made this article to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet HHR and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet HHR is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to check all the security equipments of your Chevrolet HHR. In fact, you are in general in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore relevant to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Chevrolet HHR, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple ways to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Chevrolet HHR, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first solution shown previously.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our content articles to help you to carry out this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet HHR
Now let’s go to the most essential part of this article, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet HHR? Please be aware that this procedure is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet HHR. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article. On the other hand, here are the details of the actions to follow to be able to conduct this action efficiently dependant on the approach you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Chevrolet HHR through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Chevrolet HHR by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Chevrolet HHR on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Chevrolet HHR following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet HHR through the wheel arch:
This process is particularly practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Chevrolet HHR through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will detail them right now:
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Chevrolet HHR, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet HHR category.