Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functional is very important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out with time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your BMW X4, we’ve made this content page to help you do it alone and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your BMW X4 and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your BMW X4 is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the possibility to check all the safety equipments of your BMW X4. In reality, you are often times in a rush and tend to get into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is consequently essential to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your BMW X4, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your BMW X4, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first technique shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our articles to help you to achieve this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your BMW X4
Now let’s go to the main step of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your BMW X4? You should be aware that this technique is fairly simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your BMW X4. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content page. However, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to perform this action accurately dependant on the approach you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your BMW X4 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your BMW X4 by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your BMW X4 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take away your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your BMW X4 following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your BMW X4 through the wheel arch:
This procedure is particularly effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your BMW X4 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will detail them now:
To find more tips on the BMW X4, take a look at the BMW X4 category.