It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out over the years and as a result need to be changed. You’re most certainly in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your BMW X3, we’ve created this document to help you do it alone and not have to go to your technician. In a first step, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your BMW X3 and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your BMW X3 is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the safety equipments of your BMW X3. In reality, you are nearly always in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a result essential to take the time to once in a while check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your BMW X3, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple methods to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indication on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your BMW X3, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first solution shown above.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our content articles to help you to carry out this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your BMW X3
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your BMW X3? Take note that this process is quite easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your BMW X3. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the actions to follow in order to accomplish this action accurately depending on the technique you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your BMW X3 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your BMW X3 by the new one (ensure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your BMW X3 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take off your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your BMW X3 following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your BMW X3 through the wheel arch:
This methodology is extremely practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your BMW X3 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will describe them right now:
Whenever you have any further questions about the BMW X3, do not hesitate to consult our BMW X3 category.