Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always operational is necessary. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out after some time and therefore need to be changed. You’re likely in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your BMW 2 Series, we’ve made this document to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first part, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your BMW 2 Series and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your BMW 2 Series is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the opportunity to verify all the safety features of your BMW 2 Series. In reality, you are often in a hurry and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is consequently essential to take the time to once in a while verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your BMW 2 Series, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple solutions to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your BMW 2 Series, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first methodology shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our content articles to help you to conduct this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your BMW 2 Series
Now let’s go to the most important part of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your BMW 2 Series? Please note that this process is quite easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your BMW 2 Series. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated document. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to in order to execute this act correctly depending on the strategy you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your BMW 2 Series through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your BMW 2 Series by the new one (make sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your BMW 2 Series on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take off your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your BMW 2 Series following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your BMW 2 Series through the wheel arch:
This methodology is especially effective when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your BMW 2 Series through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will describe them now:
To discover more tips on the BMW 2 Series, take a look at the BMW 2 Series category.