Regardless for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after a while and therefore need to be replaced. You’re most certainly on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Bmw 1 series, we’ve created this article content to help you do it alone and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first step, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Bmw 1 series and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Bmw 1 series is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the safety equipments of your Bmw 1 series. In reality, you are frequently in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore crucial to take the time to once in a while check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Bmw 1 series, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple techniques to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Bmw 1 series, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and examine which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first methodology shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our content articles to help you to complete this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Bmw 1 series
Now let’s go to the most essential step of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Bmw 1 series? Please note that this process is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Bmw 1 series. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the actions to follow in order to perform this action efficiently depending on the method you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Bmw 1 series through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Bmw 1 series by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Bmw 1 series on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Remove your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Bmw 1 series following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Bmw 1 series through the wheel arch:
This approach is particularly useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Bmw 1 series through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will explain them now:
Whenever you have any further questions about the Bmw 1 series, do not hesitate to consult our Bmw 1 series category.