Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out as time passes and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re most likely on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Audi A4, we’ve made this article content to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Audi A4 and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Audi A4 is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the safety components of your Audi A4. In reality, you are in general in a rush and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a result essential to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Audi A4, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple methods to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indication on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Audi A4, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first procedure shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our articles to help you to perform this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Audi A4
Now let’s go to the most essential step of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Audi A4? You should be aware that this procedure is quite easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Audi A4. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article content. However, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to execute this act accurately according to the approach you wish to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Audi A4 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Audi A4 by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Audi A4 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Audi A4 following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Audi A4 through the wheel arch:
This approach is specially practical when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Audi A4 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will explain them now:
If you need more tutorials on the Audi A4, go to our Audi A4 category.