Regardless for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out over time and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re probably on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Alfa Romeo Giulia, we’ve written this article content to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your technician. In a first section, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Alfa Romeo Giulia and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Alfa Romeo Giulia is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the possibility to examine all the security features of your Alfa Romeo Giulia. In reality, you are often times in a rush and tend to enter into your car, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a consequence important to take the time to sometimes examine the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Alfa Romeo Giulia, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple ways to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indicator on each car that alerts you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Alfa Romeo Giulia, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first solution shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our blog posts to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Alfa Romeo Giulia
Now let’s go to the most important section of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Alfa Romeo Giulia? Please note that this procedure is uncomplicated, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Alfa Romeo Giulia. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article content. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to to be able to carry out this act accurately depending on the solution you wish to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Alfa Romeo Giulia through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Alfa Romeo Giulia by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Alfa Romeo Giulia on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take away your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Alfa Romeo Giulia following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Alfa Romeo Giulia through the wheel arch:
This solution is extremely useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Alfa Romeo Giulia through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them right now:
To get more tips on the Alfa Romeo Giulia, take a look at the Alfa Romeo Giulia category.