Regardless for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always working is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out over the years and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re probably here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Acura RDX, we’ve created this article to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Acura RDX and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Acura RDX is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the security features of your Acura RDX. In fact, you are mostly in a rush and tend to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a result essential to take the time to in some cases check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Acura RDX, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple options to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Acura RDX, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first procedure shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to browse our articles to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Acura RDX
Now let’s go to the most essential part of this article, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Acura RDX? Please be aware that this technique is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Acura RDX. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special article. However, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to carry out this act accurately according to the technique you desire to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Acura RDX through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Acura RDX by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Acura RDX on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Remove your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Acura RDX following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Acura RDX through the wheel arch:
This approach is specially valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Acura RDX through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will explain them now:
If you need more tutorials on the Acura RDX, go to our Acura RDX category.