Most recent cars need always more service, however, there are some more or less fundamental ones. In this article content, we will focus on a service process that is essential to assure your safety at the wheel of your car. Indeed, we are going to explain to you how to replace the brake pads of your car in a Toyota Corolla? To do so , in a first step, we are going to find out why it is fundamental to replace the brake pads of your car, in a second step, we are going to find out what is the process to replace the brake pads of your Toyota Corolla, and to finish, what is the price of this component.
For what reason changing the brake pads from my Toyota Corolla?
Before we find out how to replace the brake pads of your car, we will begin our content page by detailing you what the task of the brake pads is, and when they should be replaced.
Role of the brake pads on Toyota Corolla
The brake pads on an car have a imperative task in the proper handling of your Toyota Corolla. Indeed, they are the ones that will assure braking capability. They are a kind of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Toyota Corolla. These parts are wearing parts and consist of a coating that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of changing them occasionally to keep optimal braking.
When to replace the brake pads of your Toyota Corolla?
And now we will demonstrate to you how to know if you have to replace the brake pads of your Toyota Corolla. Remember that based on the employ you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. Indeed, if you use your brakes frequently, their lifetime will undoubtedly be lowered. We consider that, in most cases, the brake pads of a car have a service life of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. However, there are certain signs that should inform you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, check our content page on brake vibration on Toyota Corolla, to locate the source of your trouble.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these signals, do not be reluctant to verify the condition of your brake pads yourself, either by taking out the front wheels and checking their condition, or by going directly to a mechanic.
How to replace the brake pads of my Toyota Corolla?
We will now advance to the part you are most focused on, how to replace the brake pads from your Toyota Corolla?. Down the page we will explain the guidelines to stick to to replace the brake pads of your car efficiently:
- Buy brake pads designed to your Toyota Corolla, to accomplish this use your car registration to be sure of compatibility with your car when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being careful to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Remove the wheels in question.
- Before taking out the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to totally push the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- In most cases, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to replace the brake pads of your car and thus be able to remove the brake calipers from it.
- Once you take away the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely take away the two old pads and swap them with the new brake pads.
- Make sure that they are in the perfect placement before you re-install the brake calipers on your Toyota Corolla.
- Remember to finish locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, take into account that brake pads need a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very gently the first 100km and take care until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to replace the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Toyota Corolla?
Finally, last part of our content page on the process to replace the brake pads of your Toyota Corolla. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. According to the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also change, however, in most cases it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specialized online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The benefit of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a workshop or specialized shops you should be able to find the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Toyota Corolla, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Corolla category.