Modern cars require more and more maintenance, however, there are some more or less imperative ones. In this article , we will focus on a maintenance action that is fundamental to ensure your safety at the wheel of your car. In reality, we are going to describe to you how to replace the brake pads of your car in a Suzuki Vitara? To do so , in a first step, we are going to discover why it is imperative to swap the brake pads of your car, in a second step, we are going to discover what is the methodology to swap the brake pads of your Suzuki Vitara, and at last, what is the price of this component.
For what reason changing the brake pads from my Suzuki Vitara?
Before we discover how to replace the brake pads of your car, we will commence our content page by explaining you what the job of the brake pads is, and when they should be changed.
Function of the brake pads on Suzuki Vitara
The brake pads on an vehicle have a essential function in the proper handling of your Suzuki Vitara. In reality, they are the ones that will ensure braking performance. They are a kind of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Suzuki Vitara. These auto parts are consumables and consist of a lining that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of changing them regularly to maintain best braking.
When to replace the brake pads of your Suzuki Vitara?
And now we will demonstrate to you how to know if you have to replace the brake pads of your Suzuki Vitara. Bear in mind that depending on the employ you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. In reality, if you use your brakes frequently, their lifespan will obviously be reduced. We consider that, in general, the brake pads of a vehicle have a service life of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. However, there are specified symptoms that should notify you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, browse our content page on brake vibration on Suzuki Vitara, to discover the origin of your trouble.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these signs, do not be reluctant to examine the condition of your brake pads yourself, either by removing the front wheels and verifying their condition, or by going directly to a mechanic.
How to replace the brake pads of my Suzuki Vitara?
We will now advance to the section you are most interested in, how to swap the brake pads from your Suzuki Vitara?. Down the page we will detail the basic steps to stick to to replace the brake pads of your car accurately:
- Purchase brake pads designed to your Suzuki Vitara, to perform this use your car registration to be sure of compatibility with your vehicle when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being cautious to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Take out the wheels in question.
- Before removing the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to entirely retract the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- In general, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to swap the brake pads of your car and thus be able to take off the brake calipers from it.
- Once you take out the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely take out the two old pads and replace them with the brand-new brake pads.
- Ensure that they are in the appropriate spot before you re-install the brake calipers on your Suzuki Vitara.
- Make sure to finish locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, think that brake pads require a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very conscientiously the first 100km and be careful until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to swap the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Suzuki Vitara?
Finally, last section of our content page on the process to swap the brake pads of your Suzuki Vitara. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. Based on the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also vary, however, generally it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specialized online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The advantage of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a mechanic or specialized shops you should be able to find the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
If you want more guides on the Suzuki Vitara, go to our Suzuki Vitara category.