Newer cars need more and more service, nevertheless, there are some more or less important ones. In this article , we will look at a service action that is needed to ensure your safety at the steering wheel of your car. Indeed, we are going to demonstrate to you how to change the brake pads of your car in a Renault Espace 3? For this, in a first step, we are going to find out why it is important to change the brake pads of your car, in a second step, we are going to find out what is the methodology to change the brake pads of your Renault Espace 3, and to finish, what is the price of this component.
Why changing the brake pads from my Renault Espace 3?
Before we find out how to change the brake pads of your car, we will start our article by detailing you what the task of the brake pads is, and when they should be changed.
Function of the brake pads on Renault Espace 3
The brake pads on an car have a essential purpose in the proper handling of your Renault Espace 3. Indeed, they are the ones that will ensure braking efficacy. They are a kind of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Renault Espace 3. These components are consumables and consist of a coating that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of replacing them occasionally to maintain maximum braking.
When to change the brake pads of your Renault Espace 3?
And now we will demonstrate to you how to know if you need to change the brake pads of your Renault Espace 3. Take note that depending on the use you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. Indeed, if you use your brakes very often, their lifespan will inevitably be lowered. We consider that, in general, the brake pads of a car have a lifespan of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. However, there are specific signs that should alarm you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Much longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, read our article on brake vibration on Renault Espace 3, to discover the origin of your issue.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these symptoms, do not be reluctant to check the condition of your brake pads yourself, either by removing the front wheels and examining their condition, or by going directly to a garage area.
How to change the brake pads of my Renault Espace 3?
We will now move on to the part you are most excited about, how to change the brake pads from your Renault Espace 3?. Down the page we will detail the steps to stick to to change the brake pads of your car accurately:
- Purchase brake pads adapted to your Renault Espace 3, to do this use your car registration to be sure of suitability with your car when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being cautious to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Take off the wheels in question.
- Before removing the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to completely push the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- In general, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to change the brake pads of your car and thus be able to remove the brake calipers from it.
- Once you take off the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely take off the two old pads and change them with the brand-new brake pads.
- Make certain they are in the ideal placement before you re-install the brake calipers on your Renault Espace 3.
- Make sure you finish locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, think that brake pads need a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very cautiously the first 100km and be cautious until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to change the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Renault Espace 3?
At last, last part of our article on the process to change the brake pads of your Renault Espace 3. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. Based on the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also vary, nevertheless, usually it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specific online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The advantages of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a workshop or specialized shops you should be able to find the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
To find more tips on the Renault Espace 3, take a look at the Renault Espace 3 category.