Most recent cars necessitate always more service, nevertheless, there are some more or less important ones. In this article , we will concentrate on a service action that is vital to assure your safety at the steering wheel of your car. Indeed, we are going to explain to you how to replace the brake pads of your car in a Peugeot Boxer? To do so , in a first step, we are going to discover why it is important to swap the brake pads of your car, in a second step, we are going to discover what is the method to swap the brake pads of your Peugeot Boxer, and at last, what is the price of this component.
For what reason changing the brake pads from my Peugeot Boxer?
Before we discover how to replace the brake pads of your car, we will begin our content by detailing you what the purpose of the brake pads is, and when they should be changed.
Purpose of the brake pads on Peugeot Boxer
The brake pads on an motor vehicle have a vital function in the proper handling of your Peugeot Boxer. Indeed, they are the ones that will assure braking capability. They are a sort of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Peugeot Boxer. These auto parts are consumables and consist of a coating that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of changing them regularly to maintain optimal braking.
When to replace the brake pads of your Peugeot Boxer?
And now we will clarify to you how to know if you need to replace the brake pads of your Peugeot Boxer. Take note that dependant on the employ you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. Indeed, if you use your brakes very often, their lifespan will inevitably be decreased. We consider that, in general, the brake pads of a motor vehicle have a service life of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. On the other hand, there are specific indicators that should alert you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, read our content on brake vibration on Peugeot Boxer, to locate the origin of your problem.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these symptoms, do not hesitate to check the condition of your brake pads yourself, either by removing the front wheels and verifying their condition, or by going directly to a service area.
How to replace the brake pads of my Peugeot Boxer?
We will now move on to the section you are most intrigued by, how to swap the brake pads from your Peugeot Boxer?. Down the page we will explain the basic steps to follow to replace the brake pads of your car correctly:
- Purchase brake pads designed to your Peugeot Boxer, to perform this use your car registration to be sure of suitability with your motor vehicle when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being careful to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Take out the wheels in question.
- Before removing the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to totally retract the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- Generally, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to swap the brake pads of your car and thus be able to take out the brake calipers from it.
- Once you remove the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely remove the two old pads and replace them with the brand-new brake pads.
- Make certain they are in the correct placement before you re-install the brake calipers on your Peugeot Boxer.
- Remember to finish locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, take into account that brake pads necessitate a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very cautiously the first 100km and take care until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to swap the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Peugeot Boxer?
Finally, last section of our content on the process to swap the brake pads of your Peugeot Boxer. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. Dependant on the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also vary, nevertheless, most of the time it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specific online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The benefit of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a car center or specialized shops you should be able to get the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Peugeot Boxer, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot Boxer category.