Newer cars need more and more service, on the other hand, there are some more or less fundamental ones. Today, we will focus on a service action that is needed to guarantee your safety at the wheel of your car. In fact, we are going to explain to you how to replace the brake pads of your car in a Opel Zafira Tourer? To do so , in a 1st step, we are going to discover why it is fundamental to replace the brake pads of your car, in a second part, we are going to discover what is the methodology to replace the brake pads of your Opel Zafira Tourer, and finally, what is the price of this component.
Why changing the brake pads from my Opel Zafira Tourer?
Before we discover how to replace the brake pads of your car, we will begin our document by explaining you what the purpose of the brake pads is, and when they should be replaced.
Function of the brake pads on Opel Zafira Tourer
The brake pads on an car have a vital role in the proper handling of your Opel Zafira Tourer. In fact, they are the ones that will guarantee braking efficacy. They are a types of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Opel Zafira Tourer. These parts are wearing parts and consist of a coating that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of changing them regularly to preserve ideal braking.
When to replace the brake pads of your Opel Zafira Tourer?
And right now we will explain to you how to know if you need to replace the brake pads of your Opel Zafira Tourer. Take notice that according to the employ you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. In fact, if you use your brakes frequently, their life expectancy will inevitably be lowered. We consider that, in most cases, the brake pads of a car have a service life of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. Nevertheless, there are certain indicators that should notify you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Much longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, check our document on brake vibration on Opel Zafira Tourer, to find the source of your trouble.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these signals, do not think twice to examine the state of your brake pads yourself, either by taking out the front wheels and verifying their state, or by going directly to a garage area.
How to replace the brake pads of my Opel Zafira Tourer?
We will now advance to the part you are most focused on, how to replace the brake pads from your Opel Zafira Tourer?. Below we will explain the basic steps to follow to replace the brake pads of your car properly:
- Purchase brake pads designed to your Opel Zafira Tourer, to get this done use your car registration to be sure of suitability with your car when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being cautious to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Take out the wheels in question.
- Before taking out the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to completely retract the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- In general, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to replace the brake pads of your car and thus be able to take off the brake calipers from it.
- Once you take away the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely take away the two old pads and swap them with the new brake pads.
- Make sure they are in the correct position before you re-install the brake calipers on your Opel Zafira Tourer.
- Make sure you complete locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, take into account that brake pads need a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very carefully the first 100km and be cautious until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to replace the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Opel Zafira Tourer?
At last, last part of our document on the process to replace the brake pads of your Opel Zafira Tourer. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. According to the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also change, on the other hand, generally it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specific online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The benefit of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a car center or specialized shops you should be able to find the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
If you need more guides on the Opel Zafira Tourer, go to our Opel Zafira Tourer category.