Modern cars necessitate always more service, on the other hand, there are some more or less crucial ones. In this article , we will look at a service act that is vital to ensure your safety at the steering wheel of your car. In reality, we are gonna demonstrate to you how to replace the brake pads of your car in a Nissan Note? To do so , in a first step, we are going to see why it is crucial to change the brake pads of your car, in a second step, we are going to see what is the process to change the brake pads of your Nissan Note, and to finish, what is the price of this component.
For what reason changing the brake pads from my Nissan Note?
Before we see how to replace the brake pads of your car, we will start our article by detailing you what the function of the brake pads is, and when they should be changed.
Purpose of the brake pads on Nissan Note
The brake pads on an car have a vital role in the proper handling of your Nissan Note. In reality, they are the ones that will ensure braking capability. They are a types of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Nissan Note. These parts are consumables and consist of a lining that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of replacing them occasionally to keep optimal braking.
When to replace the brake pads of your Nissan Note?
And now we will clarify to you how to know if you have to replace the brake pads of your Nissan Note. Take notice that depending on the use you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. In reality, if you use your brakes very often, their life expectancy will surely be decreased. We consider that, in most cases, the brake pads of a car have a lifespan of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. On the other hand, there are specific indicators that should inform you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, browse our article on brake vibration on Nissan Note, to find the cause of your problem.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these signals, do not think twice to examine the condition of your brake pads yourself, either by getting rid of the front wheels and examining their condition, or by going directly to a mechanic.
How to replace the brake pads of my Nissan Note?
We will now move on to the part you are most interested in, how to change the brake pads from your Nissan Note?. Down the page we will describe the simple steps to follow to replace the brake pads of your car properly:
- Purchase brake pads designed to your Nissan Note, to accomplish this use your car registration to be sure of compatibility with your car when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being cautious to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Take off the wheels in question.
- Before getting rid of the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to totally push the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- Generally, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to change the brake pads of your car and thus be able to remove the brake calipers from it.
- Once you take away the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely take away the two old pads and swap them with the new brake pads.
- Be certain they are in the appropriate placement before you re-install the brake calipers on your Nissan Note.
- Don’t forget to end locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, think that brake pads necessitate a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very conscientiously the first 100km and take care until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to change the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Nissan Note?
At last, last part of our article on the process to change the brake pads of your Nissan Note. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. Dependant on the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also vary, on the other hand, generally it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specific online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The advantage of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a mechanic or specialized shops you should be able to get the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
If you wish more guides on the Nissan Note, go to our Nissan Note category.