Most recent cars need always more maintenance, on the other hand, there are some more or less essential ones. In this article content, we will look at a maintenance act that is fundamental to ensure your safety at the steering wheel of your car. In reality, we are gonna describe to you how to replace the brake pads of your car in a Mazda CX 5? For this, in a first step, we are going to see why it is essential to replace the brake pads of your car, in a second step, we are going to see what is the process to replace the brake pads of your Mazda CX 5, and finally, what is the price of this component.
Why changing the brake pads from my Mazda CX 5?
Before we see how to replace the brake pads of your car, we will begin our content by explaining you what the purpose of the brake pads is, and when they should be replaced.
Purpose of the brake pads on Mazda CX 5
The brake pads on an vehicle have a essential role in the proper handling of your Mazda CX 5. In reality, they are the ones that will ensure braking performance. They are a types of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Mazda CX 5. These auto parts are consumables and consist of a lining that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of replacing them on a regular basis to preserve best braking.
When to replace the brake pads of your Mazda CX 5?
And now we will explain to you how to know if you have to replace the brake pads of your Mazda CX 5. Be aware that based on the use you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. In reality, if you use your brakes regularly, their lifetime will obviously be decreased. We consider that, in most cases, the brake pads of a vehicle have a service life of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. Nevertheless, there are several indicators that should inform you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, check our content on brake vibration on Mazda CX 5, to locate the source of your trouble.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these symptoms, do not think twice to check the condition of your brake pads yourself, either by removing the front wheels and checking their condition, or by going directly to a service area.
How to replace the brake pads of my Mazda CX 5?
We will now advance to the part you are most focused on, how to replace the brake pads from your Mazda CX 5?. Down the page we will detail the simple steps to follow to replace the brake pads of your car correctly:
- Purchase brake pads designed to your Mazda CX 5, to do this use your car registration to be sure of suitability with your vehicle when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being cautious to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Take off the wheels in question.
- Before removing the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to completely push the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- Ordinarily, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to replace the brake pads of your car and thus be able to take off the brake calipers from it.
- Once you take off the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely take off the two old pads and replace them with the new brake pads.
- Make sure they are in the correct position before you re-install the brake calipers on your Mazda CX 5.
- Make sure to complete locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, take into account that brake pads need a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very carefully the first 100km and be careful until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to replace the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Mazda CX 5?
At last, last part of our content on the process to replace the brake pads of your Mazda CX 5. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. According to the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also fluctuate, on the other hand, generally it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specific online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The benefit of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a workshop or specialized shops you should be able to find the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
To find more tips on the Mazda CX 5, take a look at the Mazda CX 5 category.