Modern cars require always more service, nevertheless, there are some more or less important ones. Today, we will concentrate on a service process that is needed to assure your security at the wheel of your car. In reality, we are gonna describe to you how to replace the brake pads of your car in a Mazda CX 30? For this, in a 1st step, we are going to see why it is important to swap the brake pads of your car, in a second section, we are going to see what is the technique to swap the brake pads of your Mazda CX 30, and finally, what is the price of this component.
For what reason changing the brake pads from my Mazda CX 30?
Before we see how to replace the brake pads of your car, we will begin our document by detailing you what the job of the brake pads is, and when they should be changed.
Purpose of the brake pads on Mazda CX 30
The brake pads on an motor vehicle have a fundamental role in the proper handling of your Mazda CX 30. In reality, they are the ones that will assure braking capability. They are a form of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Mazda CX 30. These auto parts are consumables and consist of a coating that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of changing them occasionally to maintain maximum braking.
When to replace the brake pads of your Mazda CX 30?
And now we will demonstrate to you how to know if you need to replace the brake pads of your Mazda CX 30. Be aware that dependant on the use you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. In reality, if you use your brakes very often, their lifetime will undoubtedly be reduced. We consider that, in most cases, the brake pads of a motor vehicle have a longevity of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. Nevertheless, there are several signs that should warn you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Much longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, browse our document on brake vibration on Mazda CX 30, to find the origin of your issue.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these signs, do not be reluctant to verify the state of your brake pads yourself, either by taking out the front wheels and examining their state, or by going directly to a garage.
How to replace the brake pads of my Mazda CX 30?
We will now go forward to the part you are most focused on, how to swap the brake pads from your Mazda CX 30?. Down below we will detail the basic steps to stick to to replace the brake pads of your car accurately:
- Buy brake pads adapted to your Mazda CX 30, to get this done use your car registration to be sure of compatibility with your motor vehicle when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being cautious to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Take out the wheels in question.
- Before taking out the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to completely retract the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- In general, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to swap the brake pads of your car and thus be able to remove the brake calipers from it.
- Once you take away the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely take away the two old pads and replace them with the brand-new brake pads.
- Make certain they are in the right placement before you re-install the brake calipers on your Mazda CX 30.
- Make sure you end locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, think that brake pads require a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very conscientiously the first 100km and be careful until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to swap the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Mazda CX 30?
At last, last part of our document on the process to swap the brake pads of your Mazda CX 30. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. Depending on the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also change, nevertheless, generally it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specialized online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The benefit of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a car center or specialized shops you should be able to get the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
To find more tips on the Mazda CX 30, take a look at the Mazda CX 30 category.