Most recent cars necessitate more and more maintenance, however, there are some more or less crucial ones. Today, we will focus on a maintenance process that is vital to assure your safety at the steering wheel of your car. Indeed, we are gonna demonstrate to you how to change the brake pads of your car in a Kia Sedona? For this, in a 1st step, we are going to find out why it is crucial to change the brake pads of your car, in a second part, we are going to find out what is the methodology to change the brake pads of your Kia Sedona, and finally, what is the price of this part.
Why changing the brake pads from my Kia Sedona?
Before we find out how to change the brake pads of your car, we will begin our article content by explaining you what the purpose of the brake pads is, and when they should be changed.
Purpose of the brake pads on Kia Sedona
The brake pads on an vehicle have a essential task in the proper handling of your Kia Sedona. Indeed, they are the ones that will assure braking performance. They are a sort of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Kia Sedona. These parts are consumables and consist of a coating that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of replacing them regularly to keep maximum braking.
When to change the brake pads of your Kia Sedona?
And right now we will clarify to you how to know if you need to change the brake pads of your Kia Sedona. Bear in mind that based on the employ you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. Indeed, if you use your brakes regularly, their lifetime will obviously be lowered. We consider that, in general, the brake pads of a vehicle have a service life of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. On the other hand, there are specific symptoms that should alert you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, browse our article content on brake vibration on Kia Sedona, to discover the source of your problem.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these signs, do not think twice to verify the condition of your brake pads yourself, either by removing the front wheels and verifying their condition, or by going directly to a mechanic.
How to change the brake pads of my Kia Sedona?
We will now move on to the section you are most intrigued by, how to change the brake pads from your Kia Sedona?. Below we will explain the guidelines to follow to change the brake pads of your car correctly:
- Purchase brake pads designed to your Kia Sedona, to perform this use your car registration to be sure of suitability with your vehicle when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being careful to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Take out the wheels in question.
- Before removing the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to entirely push the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- Generally, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to change the brake pads of your car and thus be able to take out the brake calipers from it.
- Once you take out the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely take out the two old pads and swap them with the brand-new brake pads.
- Ensure that they are in the appropriate spot before you re-install the brake calipers on your Kia Sedona.
- Make sure to complete locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, think that brake pads necessitate a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very carefully the first 100km and be careful until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to change the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Kia Sedona?
Finally, last section of our article content on the process to change the brake pads of your Kia Sedona. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. Based on the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also fluctuate, however, most of the time it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specialized online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The advantage of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a car center or specialized shops you should be able to find the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Kia Sedona, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Sedona category.