Modern cars necessitate always more service, however, there are some more or less fundamental ones. In this article content, we will look at a service act that is essential to ensure your security at the wheel of your car. In reality, we are gonna explain to you how to replace the brake pads of your car in a Hyundai Elantra? For this, in a 1st step, we are going to discover why it is fundamental to swap the brake pads of your car, in a second part, we are going to discover what is the technique to swap the brake pads of your Hyundai Elantra, and at last, what is the price of this component.
For what reason changing the brake pads from my Hyundai Elantra?
Before we discover how to replace the brake pads of your car, we will commence our content page by explaining you what the function of the brake pads is, and when they should be replaced.
Function of the brake pads on Hyundai Elantra
The brake pads on an car have a crucial function in the proper handling of your Hyundai Elantra. In reality, they are the ones that will ensure braking efficacy. They are a form of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Hyundai Elantra. These auto parts are wearing parts and consist of a coating that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of changing them regularly to maintain ideal braking.
When to replace the brake pads of your Hyundai Elantra?
And now we will clarify to you how to know if you have to replace the brake pads of your Hyundai Elantra. Bear in mind that dependant on the use you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. In reality, if you use your brakes very often, their lifespan will obviously be lowered. We consider that, in general, the brake pads of a car have a longevity of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. However, there are some signs that should warn you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Much longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, browse our content page on brake vibration on Hyundai Elantra, to discover the source of your issue.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these symptoms, do not think twice to check the condition of your brake pads yourself, either by removing the front wheels and checking their condition, or by going directly to a garage.
How to replace the brake pads of my Hyundai Elantra?
We will now go forward to the section you are most excited about, how to swap the brake pads from your Hyundai Elantra?. Below we will explain the guidelines to stick to to replace the brake pads of your car correctly:
- Purchase brake pads designed to your Hyundai Elantra, to achieve this use your car registration to be sure of suitability with your car when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being careful to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Remove the wheels in question.
- Before removing the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to completely push the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- Generally, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to swap the brake pads of your car and thus be able to take off the brake calipers from it.
- Once you take away the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely take away the two old pads and swap them with the new brake pads.
- Ensure they are in the perfect placement before you re-install the brake calipers on your Hyundai Elantra.
- Make sure you end locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, think that brake pads necessitate a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very gently the first 100km and be careful until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to swap the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Hyundai Elantra?
Finally, last section of our content page on the process to swap the brake pads of your Hyundai Elantra. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. Depending on the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also change, however, most of the time it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specific online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The benefit of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a workshop or specialized shops you should be able to find the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
To discover more tips on the Hyundai Elantra, take a look at the Hyundai Elantra category.