Most recent cars necessitate more and more maintenance, on the other hand, there are some more or less important ones. Today, we will look into a maintenance process that is needed to guarantee your security at the steering wheel of your car. In fact, we are going to explain to you how to replace the brake pads of your car in a Dacia Duster 2? For this, in a first step, we are going to see why it is important to replace the brake pads of your car, in a second section, we are going to see what is the methodology to replace the brake pads of your Dacia Duster 2, and to finish, what is the price of this part.
For what reason changing the brake pads from my Dacia Duster 2?
Before we see how to replace the brake pads of your car, we will commence our article content by detailing you what the task of the brake pads is, and when they should be changed.
Function of the brake pads on Dacia Duster 2
The brake pads on an car have a essential role in the proper handling of your Dacia Duster 2. In fact, they are the ones that will guarantee braking capability. They are a sort of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Dacia Duster 2. These auto parts are wearing parts and consist of a lining that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of changing them occasionally to preserve ideal braking.
When to replace the brake pads of your Dacia Duster 2?
And now we will demonstrate to you how to know if you need to replace the brake pads of your Dacia Duster 2. Remember that depending on the employ you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. In fact, if you use your brakes frequently, their lifetime will inevitably be reduced. We consider that, in general, the brake pads of a car have a service life of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. However, there are certain indicators that should notify you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, check our article content on brake vibration on Dacia Duster 2, to locate the source of your trouble.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these signals, do not think twice to check the condition of your brake pads yourself, either by taking out the front wheels and verifying their condition, or by going directly to a garage.
How to replace the brake pads of my Dacia Duster 2?
We will now go forward to the part you are most focused on, how to replace the brake pads from your Dacia Duster 2?. Down the page we will detail the steps to follow to replace the brake pads of your car efficiently:
- Purchase brake pads adapted to your Dacia Duster 2, to do this use your car registration to be sure of suitability with your car when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being cautious to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Remove the wheels in question.
- Before taking out the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to completely retract the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- Ordinarily, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to replace the brake pads of your car and thus be able to take off the brake calipers from it.
- Once you remove the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely remove the two old pads and change them with the brand-new brake pads.
- Ensure they are in the correct spot before you re-install the brake calipers on your Dacia Duster 2.
- Make sure you end locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, take into account that brake pads necessitate a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very cautiously the first 100km and take care until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to replace the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Dacia Duster 2?
At last, last part of our article content on the process to replace the brake pads of your Dacia Duster 2. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. Dependant on the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also vary, on the other hand, usually it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specific online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The advantages of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a workshop or specialized shops you should be able to get the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
If you wish more tutorials on the Dacia Duster 2, go to our Dacia Duster 2 category.