Newer cars require more and more service, on the other hand, there are some more or less essential ones. In this article , we will look at a service act that is vital to ensure your security at the steering wheel of your car. In fact, we are gonna demonstrate to you how to change the brake pads of your car in a Chrysler Town & Country? To do so , in a 1st step, we are going to find out why it is essential to change the brake pads of your car, in a second section, we are going to find out what is the methodology to change the brake pads of your Chrysler Town & Country, and to conclude, what is the price of this component.
For what reason changing the brake pads from my Chrysler Town & Country?
Before we find out how to change the brake pads of your car, we will commence our article content by describing you what the function of the brake pads is, and when they should be replaced.
Role of the brake pads on Chrysler Town & Country
The brake pads on an car have a essential function in the proper handling of your Chrysler Town & Country. In fact, they are the ones that will ensure braking capability. They are a sort of pairs of metal pads that will pinch the brake discs when you press the brake pedal to slow down and stop your Chrysler Town & Country. These auto parts are wearing parts and consist of a coating that will wear with time and use, hence the interest of replacing them on a regular basis to keep best braking.
When to change the brake pads of your Chrysler Town & Country?
And now we will explain to you how to know if you need to change the brake pads of your Chrysler Town & Country. Bear in mind that dependant on the use you have of your car (city or highway for example), the wear of your brake pads will not be the same at all. In fact, if you use your brakes very often, their lifetime will surely be decreased. We consider that, in general, the brake pads of a car have a longevity of about 10,000 to 30,000 kilometres. However, there are certain signals that should inform you to the wear of your car’s brake pads:
- A squeaking sound.
- Longer braking distance.
- Brake pedal vibration: If this is your case, but your brake pads are in good condition, browse our article content on brake vibration on Chrysler Town & Country, to locate the cause of your issue.
- A brake pedal that’s too hard or too soft…
If you have any of these signals, do not be reluctant to examine the condition of your brake pads yourself, either by getting rid of the front wheels and checking their condition, or by going directly to a service area.
How to change the brake pads of my Chrysler Town & Country?
We will now go forward to the part you are most intrigued by, how to change the brake pads from your Chrysler Town & Country?. Down the page we will explain the simple steps to stick to to change the brake pads of your car accurately:
- Purchase brake pads adapted to your Chrysler Town & Country, to do this use your car registration to be sure of compatibility with your car when ordering on a specialized website or in a shop.
- Put your car on stands (being careful to lock the handbrake and engage a gear and unlock the bolts of the wheels you want to act on before you lift the car).
- Take out the wheels in question.
- Before getting rid of the clamp from your calipers, think about using a flat screwdriver to lever between the pad and the disc to completely push the piston of your calipers, otherwise you will not be able to put the new brake pads.
- In general, thanks to a big Torx tip, you’ll have 2 screws to remove to be able to change the brake pads of your car and thus be able to take off the brake calipers from it.
- Once you take away the clamp from your calipers, you will be able to serenely take away the two old pads and swap them with the new brake pads.
- Make certain they are in the correct spot before you re-install the brake calipers on your Chrysler Town & Country.
- Remember to end locking your wheels on the ground, otherwise your transmission will be damaged.
- To finish, think that brake pads require a running-in period of 500 to 1000km, so you will have to drive very carefully the first 100km and take care until you reach 500km.
That’s it, now you know how to change the brake pads on your car.
What is the price of brake pads for an Chrysler Town & Country?
At last, last part of our article content on the procedure to change the brake pads of your Chrysler Town & Country. It’s just to give you an idea of the price of the brake pads of your car. According to the finish of your car (sport or not), the pads will be different and therefore the price will also change, on the other hand, most of the time it will take between 20 and 40 € for a set of 4 brake pads at a specialized online site like Oscaro, you can find here their entire offer of brake pads for your car. The benefit of this type of site is the choice, the price and the after-sales service you get. Finally, if you go to a mechanic or specialized shops you should be able to find the set of pads between 30 and 60€.
To get more tips on the Chrysler Town & Country, take a look at the Chrysler Town & Country category.