Whether you feel you can’t see as well at night, or you feel you’re lighting too low, or too high, in all these circumstances, there’s only one component of your vehicle responsible – your headlights, also often known as high beams. Nevertheless this adjustment might seem easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a complete adjustment is much more complex than this simple manipulation, and in this post, we are going to see how to adjust the headlights of your Nissan Qashqai 2? To get this done, first we will see why you need to adjust your high beams, and secondly how to adjust the headlights of your Nissan Qashqai 2.
Why adjust the headlights of your Nissan Qashqai 2?
So let’s begin our article with the interest of adjusting the headlights of your Nissan Qashqai 2. For most of us, our headlights are adjusted well enough, and they seem to light up enough through the night. However this is not constantly the case and checking this setting, either because the headlights on your Nissan Qashqai 2 are not bright enough, or because you have the feeling that they are too weak is a great idea .
Adjusting the high beams of your Nissan Qashqai 2 for safety
To begin with, the headlight adjustment of a Nissan Qashqai 2 must be conducted for a basic safety motive. If it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night trips. In actual fact, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to fail to see an obstacle on your way, or to predict a curve badly. Alternatively, if your headlights are too powerful, regardless if you are expected to switch to low beam lights when you cross a vehicle, the time required to make this switch will most of the time expose the driver in front of you to the headlight beam of your Nissan Qashqai 2 . It is consequently necessary for others as well as for you to have an optimal adjustment of your headlights.
Adjusting the headlights of a Nissan Qashqai 2 for legal reasons
Furthermore to safety, there is a law that regulates the power, the adjustment of motor vehicle headlights (articles R313-2 of the Highway Code), here is what it suggests: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at least 100 meters. Another legislation regulates their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that there is no maximum height for the adjustment of the headlights, but that the maximum width of the beam must be identical to that of the dipped headlights and that the maximum luminosity must be 225, 000 cd.
How to adjust the headlights of a Nissan Qashqai 2?
We will now go forward to the part that concerns you the most in this post, how to adjust the headlights of his Nissan Qashqai 2? This adjustment might seem a bit difficult, but by simply following the recommendations you should have the ability to complete it without too much issue.
Preparations to adjust the headlights of a Nissan Qashqai 2
To begin with, you’ll need to prepare your vehicle to adjust your high beams in good conditions, here are the preparations to executed:
- Place your vehicle on a surface in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Verify your tire pressure carefully.
- Verify that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Take out all unneeded weight from the car, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The headlight adjustment of his Nissan Qashqai 2
Once your car is in position, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Verify with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then back your vehicle up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the process here are the steps to follow:
- Open your hood, identify the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the headlights of your Nissan Qashqai 2 (they are in general marked, and those on top must modify the verticality and the one on the side adjusts the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or something else to hide the projector on which you are not making the modification.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal modification, you should have the most intense component of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical modification, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly down below.
- Once finished, verify that the headlights setting of your Nissan Qashqai 2 is logical, do not hesitate to verify it after you have driven it, often it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Nissan Qashqai 2, please go through our article on this subject.
To find more tips on the Nissan Qashqai 2, take a look at the Nissan Qashqai 2 category.