Whether you experience you can’t see as well at night, or you experience you’re lighting too low, or too high, in all these cases, there’s only one component of your car to take responsibility – your headlights, as well often known as high beams. Although this adjustment might seem easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a whole adjustment is much more technical than this simple manipulation, and in this article, we are going to discover how to adjust the headlights of your Lincoln MKC? To achieve this, first we will discover why you need to adjust your high beams, and secondly how to adjust the headlights of your Lincoln MKC.
Why adjust the headlights of your Lincoln MKC?
So let’s start our article with the interest of adjusting the headlights of your Lincoln MKC. For the majority of us, our headlights are adjusted well enough, and they seem to light up enough at night. However this is not always the circumstance and checking this setting, either because the headlights on your Lincoln MKC are not bright enough, or because you have the feeling that they are too weak is a wise decision .
Adjusting the high beams of your Lincoln MKC for safety
First of all, the headlight adjustment of a Lincoln MKC must be finished for a basic security explanation. Whether it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night trips. Obviously, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to miss an obstacle while traveling, or to anticipate a curve badly. However, if your headlights are too powerful, even if you are supposed to switch to low beam lights when you cross a car, the time required to make this switch will generally expose the driver in front of you to the headlight beam of your Lincoln MKC . It is therefore important for others as well as for you to have an ideal adjustment of your headlights.
Adjusting the headlights of a Lincoln MKC for legal reasons
Furthermore to security, there is a law that supervises the power, the adjustment of motor vehicle headlights (articles R313-2 of the Highway Code), here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at minimum 100 meters. Another legislation supervises their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that there is no maximum height for the adjustment of the headlights, but that the maximum width of the beam must be equivalent to that of the dipped headlights and that the maximum luminosity must be 225, 000 cd.
How to adjust the headlights of a Lincoln MKC?
We will now go forward to the section that interests you the most in this article, how to adjust the headlights of his Lincoln MKC? This setting might seem a bit complex, but by simply following the guidelines you should have the ability to do it without too much concern.
Preparations to adjust the headlights of a Lincoln MKC
First of all, you’ll need to prepare your car to adjust your high beams in good conditions, here are the preparations to executed:
- Place your car on a surface in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Check your tire pressure carefully.
- Check that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all needless weight from the vehicle, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The headlight adjustment of his Lincoln MKC
Once your car is in position, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Check with a level that both parts of the cross are horizontal. Then back your car up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the procedure here are the steps to stick to:
- Open your bonnet, identify the screws for horizontal and vertical control of the headlights of your Lincoln MKC (they are in general designated, and those on top must adjust the verticality and the one on the side handles the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or something else to hide the projector on which you are not making the correction.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal correction, you should have the most intense component of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical correction, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once finished, verify that the headlights setting of your Lincoln MKC is coherent, do not think twice to verify it after you have driven it, occasionally it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Lincoln MKC, please browse our article on this subject matter.
To discover more tips on the Lincoln MKC, take a look at the Lincoln MKC category.