Whether you experience you can’t see as well at night, or you experience you’re lighting too low, or too high, in all these scenarios, there’s only one part of your vehicle guilty – your headlights, also known as high beams. Although this adjustment may appear easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a complete adjustment is much more technical than this simple manipulation, and in this article, we are going to see how to adjust the headlights of your Genesis G80? To do this, first we will see why you need to adjust your high beams, and secondly how to adjust the headlights of your Genesis G80.
Why adjust the headlights of your Genesis G80?
So let’s begin our article with the interest of adjusting the headlights of your Genesis G80. For most people, our headlights are adjusted good enough, and they appear to light up enough at night. Unfortunately this is not always the circumstance and checking this setting, either because the headlights on your Genesis G80 are not bright enough, or because you have the sensation that they are too weak is a great idea .
Adjusting the high beams of your Genesis G80 for safety
First of all, the headlight adjustment of a Genesis G80 must be carried out for a very easy safety motive. If it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night trips. In actual fact, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to miss out an obstacle driving, or to predict a curve badly. However, if your headlights are too powerful, regardless if you are meant to switch to low beam lights when you pass a car, the time required to make this switch will generally expose the driver in front of you to the headlight beam of your Genesis G80 . It is therefore important for others as well as for you to have an optimal adjustment of your headlights.
Adjusting the headlights of a Genesis G80 for legal reasons
Furthermore to safety, there is a law that regulates the power, the adjustment of car headlights (articles R313-2 of the Highway Code), here is what it suggests: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at minimum 100 meters. Another legislation regulates their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that there is no maximum height for the adjustment of the headlights, but that the maximum width of the beam must be identical to that of the dipped headlights and that the maximum luminosity must be 225, 000 cd.
How to adjust the headlights of a Genesis G80?
We will now move on to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to adjust the headlights of his Genesis G80? This setting may appear a bit difficult, but by following the recommendations you should be able to perform it without too much concern.
Preparations to adjust the headlights of a Genesis G80
First of all, you’ll need to prepare your vehicle to adjust your high beams in good conditions, here are the preparations to put in place:
- Place your vehicle on a surface in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Verify your tire pressure attentively.
- Verify that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all unnecessary weight from the car, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The headlight adjustment of his Genesis G80
Once your car is in position, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Verify with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then back your vehicle up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the process here are the steps to stick to:
- Open your hood, identify the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the headlights of your Genesis G80 (they are in most cases designated, and those on top must adjust the verticality and the one on the side manages the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or another thing to hide the projector on which you are not making the adjustment.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal adjustment, you should have the most intense part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line noted on the wall
- With regard to vertical adjustment, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly down below.
- Once finished, verify that the headlights setting of your Genesis G80 is coherent, do not think twice to verify it after you have driven it, oftentimes it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Genesis G80, please browse our article on this subject matter.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Genesis G80, do not hesitate to consult our Genesis G80 category.