If you feel you can’t see as well at night, or you feel you’re lighting too low, or too high, in all these circumstances, there’s only one part of your car to take responsibility – your headlights, also named high beams. Although this adjustment might seem easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a complete adjustment is much more complex than this simple manipulation, and in this article, we are going to see how to adjust the headlights of your Ford Mondeo 4? To do this, first we will see why you need to adjust your high beams, and secondly how to adjust the headlights of your Ford Mondeo 4.
Why adjust the headlights of your Ford Mondeo 4?
So let’s begin our content with the interest of adjusting the headlights of your Ford Mondeo 4. For many of us, our headlights are adjusted sufficiently, and they appear to light up enough after dark. Unfortunately this is not always the case and examining this setting, either because the headlights on your Ford Mondeo 4 are not bright enough, or because you have the sensation that they are too weak is a great idea .
Adjusting the high beams of your Ford Mondeo 4 for safety
First of all, the headlight adjustment of a Ford Mondeo 4 must be made for a very easy safety motive. Whether it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night trips. In truth, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to fail to see an obstacle on the road, or to anticipate a curve badly. Alternatively, if your headlights are too powerful, regardless if you are meant to switch to low beam lights when you pass a car, the time needed to make this switch will generally expose the driver in front of you to the headlight beam of your Ford Mondeo 4 . It is therefore essential for others as well as for you to have an ideal adjustment of your headlights.
Adjusting the headlights of a Ford Mondeo 4 for legal reasons
In addition to safety, there is a law that regulates the power, the adjustment of car headlights (articles R313-2 of the Highway Code), here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at minimum 100 meters. Another legislation regulates their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that there is no maximum height for the adjustment of the headlights, but that the maximum width of the beam must be equivalent to that of the dipped headlights and that the maximum luminosity must be 225, 000 cd.
How to adjust the headlights of a Ford Mondeo 4?
We will now move on to the section that concerns you the most in this article, how to adjust the headlights of his Ford Mondeo 4? This adjustment might seem a bit complex, but by simply following the recommendations you should have the ability to accomplish it without too much concern.
Preparations to adjust the headlights of a Ford Mondeo 4
First of all, you’ll need to prepare your car to adjust your high beams in good conditions, here are the preparations to executed:
- Place your car on a surface in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Verify your tire pressure cautiously.
- Verify that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Remove all unnecessary weight from the vehicle, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The headlight adjustment of his Ford Mondeo 4
Once your car is in position, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Verify with a level that both parts of the cross are horizontal. Then back your car up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the process here are the steps to stick to:
- Open your hood, find the screws for horizontal and vertical modification of the headlights of your Ford Mondeo 4 (they are in general designated, and those on top must modify the verticality and the one on the side handles the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or another thing to hide the projector on which you are not making the correction.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal correction, you should have the most intense part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical correction, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly down below.
- Once finished, verify that the headlights setting of your Ford Mondeo 4 is logical, do not hesitate to verify it after you have driven it, occasionally it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Ford Mondeo 4, please browse our content on this subject.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Ford Mondeo 4, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Mondeo 4 category.