If you feel you can’t see as well at night, or you feel you’re lighting too low, or too high, in all these circumstances, there’s only one part of your vehicle to blame – your headlights, as well identified as high beams. Nevertheless this adjustment may seem easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a complete adjustment is much more complex than this elementary manipulation, and in this article, we are going to see how to adjust the headlights of your Citroen C3 Picasso? To get this done, first we will see why you need to adjust your high beams, and secondly how to adjust the headlights of your Citroen C3 Picasso.
Why adjust the headlights of your Citroen C3 Picasso?
So let’s begin our content page with the interest of adjusting the headlights of your Citroen C3 Picasso. For most people, our headlights are adjusted well enough, and they seem to light up enough during the night. Sadly this is not always the circumstance and checking this setting, either because the headlights on your Citroen C3 Picasso are not bright enough, or because you have the impression that they are too weak is a great idea .
Adjusting the high beams of your Citroen C3 Picasso for safety
To begin with, the headlight adjustment of a Citroen C3 Picasso must be conducted for a simple safety reason. Regardless it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night trips. In fact, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to ignore an obstacle driving, or to predict a curve badly. However, if your headlights are too powerful, even if you are meant to switch to low beam lights when you cross a vehicle, the time needed to make this change will generally expose the driver in front of you to the headlight beam of your Citroen C3 Picasso . It is therefore important for others as well as for you to have an optimal adjustment of your headlights.
Adjusting the headlights of a Citroen C3 Picasso for legal reasons
In addition to safety, there is a law that regulates the power, the adjustment of motor vehicle headlights (articles R313-2 of the Highway Code), here is what it suggests: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at minimum 100 meters. Another legislation regulates their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that there is no maximum height for the adjustment of the headlights, but that the maximum width of the beam must be identical to that of the dipped headlights and that the maximum luminosity must be 225, 000 cd.
How to adjust the headlights of a Citroen C3 Picasso?
We will now proceed to the section that interests you the most in this article, how to adjust the headlights of his Citroen C3 Picasso? This setting may seem a bit complex, but by following the recommendations you should be able to complete it without too much trouble.
Preparations to adjust the headlights of a Citroen C3 Picasso
To begin with, you’ll need to prepare your vehicle to adjust your high beams in good conditions, here are the preparations to set up:
- Place your vehicle on a surface in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Check your tire pressure carefully.
- Check that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Take out all needless weight from the vehicle, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The headlight adjustment of his Citroen C3 Picasso
Once your car is in position, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Check with a level that both parts of the cross are straight. Then back your vehicle up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the procedure here are the steps to stick to:
- Open your bonnet, locate the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the headlights of your Citroen C3 Picasso (they are generally designated, and those on top must modify the verticality and the one on the side controls the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or another thing to hide the projector on which you are not making the modification.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal modification, you should have the most intense part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line noted on the wall
- With regard to vertical modification, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly down below.
- Once finished, verify that the headlights setting of your Citroen C3 Picasso is coherent, do not think twice to verify it after you have driven it, occasionally it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Citroen C3 Picasso, please browse our content page on this subject.
If you want more tutorials on the Citroen C3 Picasso, go to our Citroen C3 Picasso category.