If you feel you can’t see as well at night, or you feel you’re lighting too low, or too high, in all these scenarios, there’s only one component of your car to blame – your headlights, as well named high beams. Although this adjustment might seem easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a whole adjustment is much more technical than this basic manipulation, and in this post, we are going to see how to adjust the headlights of your Chrysler Pacifica? To get this done, first we will see why you need to adjust your high beams, and secondly how to adjust the headlights of your Chrysler Pacifica.
Why adjust the headlights of your Chrysler Pacifica?
So let’s start our article with the benefit of adjusting the headlights of your Chrysler Pacifica. For most of us, our headlights are adjusted sufficiently, and they seem to light up enough after dark. Unfortunately this is not always the case and looking at this setting, either because the headlights on your Chrysler Pacifica are not bright enough, or because you have the feeling that they are too weak is a wise decision .
Adjusting the high beams of your Chrysler Pacifica for safety
To begin with, the headlight adjustment of a Chrysler Pacifica must be conducted for a basic safety reason. Regardless it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night trips. Indeed, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to fail to see an obstacle on the road, or to predict a curve badly. Alternatively, if your headlights are too powerful, even if you are supposed to switch to low beam lights when you cross a vehicle, the time required to make this change will generally expose the driver in front of you to the headlight beam of your Chrysler Pacifica . It is therefore essential for others as well as for you to have an optimal adjustment of your headlights.
Adjusting the headlights of a Chrysler Pacifica for legal reasons
In addition to safety, there is a law that supervises the power, the adjustment of car headlights (articles R313-2 of the Highway Code), here is what it specifies: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at least 100 meters. Another legislation supervises their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that there is no maximum height for the adjustment of the headlights, but that the maximum width of the beam must be equivalent to that of the dipped headlights and that the maximum luminosity must be 225, 000 cd.
How to adjust the headlights of a Chrysler Pacifica?
We will now proceed to the section that interests you the most in this post, how to adjust the headlights of his Chrysler Pacifica? This setting might seem a bit difficult, but by simply following the guidelines you should have the ability to complete it without too much issue.
Preparations to adjust the headlights of a Chrysler Pacifica
To begin with, you’ll need to prepare your car to adjust your high beams in good conditions, here are the preparations to put in place:
- Place your car on a surface in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Check your tire pressure carefully.
- Check that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Take out all unnecessary weight from the automobile, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The headlight adjustment of his Chrysler Pacifica
Once your vehicle is in position, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Check with a level that both parts of the cross are horizontal. Then back your car up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the process here are the steps to stick to:
- Open your hood, locate the screws for horizontal and vertical control of the headlights of your Chrysler Pacifica (they are usually designated, and those on top must adjust the verticality and the one on the side adjusts the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or another thing to hide the projector on which you are not making the correction.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal correction, you should have the most intense component of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line marked on the wall
- With regard to vertical correction, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once finished, check that the headlights setting of your Chrysler Pacifica is logical, do not hesitate to check it after you have driven it, oftentimes it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Chrysler Pacifica, please browse our article on this subject.
To discover more tips on the Chrysler Pacifica, take a look at the Chrysler Pacifica category.