Whether you experience you can’t see as well at night, or you experience you’re lighting too low, or too high, in all these cases, there’s only one part of your car at fault – your headlights, also called high beams. Although this adjustment might seem easy thanks to the thumbwheel on your dashboard, a whole adjustment is much more technical than this simple manipulation, and in this post, we are going to see how to adjust the headlights of your Chrysler 300? To get this done, first we will see why you need to adjust your high beams, and secondly how to adjust the headlights of your Chrysler 300.
Why adjust the headlights of your Chrysler 300?
So let’s start our content page with the benefit of adjusting the headlights of your Chrysler 300. For many people, our headlights are adjusted well enough, and they appear to light up enough after dark. Unfortunately this is not constantly the case and examining this setting, either because the headlights on your Chrysler 300 are not bright enough, or because you have the feeling that they are too weak is a good idea .
Adjusting the high beams of your Chrysler 300 for safety
First of all, the headlight adjustment of a Chrysler 300 must be achieved for a basic safety motive. If it’s for you, or for the other users you come across during your night trips. In truth, if you don’t see enough, the risk is to miss out an obstacle driving, or to anticipate a curve badly. On the other hand, if your headlights are too powerful, regardless if you are expected to switch to low beam lights when you cross a vehicle, the time required to make this change will generally expose the driver in front of you to the headlight beam of your Chrysler 300 . It is therefore important for others as well as for you to have an optimal adjustment of your headlights.
Adjusting the headlights of a Chrysler 300 for legal reasons
Furthermore to safety, there is a law that supervises the power, the adjustment of car headlights (articles R313-2 of the Highway Code), here is what it suggests: have between 2 and 4 headlights that illuminate at minimum 100 meters. Another legislation supervises their use, the European one (directive 76/756/EEC), which stipulates that there is no maximum height for the adjustment of the headlights, but that the maximum width of the beam must be equivalent to that of the dipped headlights and that the maximum luminosity must be 225, 000 cd.
How to adjust the headlights of a Chrysler 300?
We will now go forward to the section that concerns you the most in this post, how to adjust the headlights of his Chrysler 300? This adjustment might seem a bit complex, but by following the guidance you should be able to complete it without too much problem.
Preparations to adjust the headlights of a Chrysler 300
First of all, you’ll need to prepare your car to adjust your high beams in good conditions, here are the preparations to set up:
- Place your car on a surface in front of a white wall for example, about 4 or 5 meters from the wall.
- Check your tire pressure cautiously.
- Check that the height adjustment knob for the lights is set to 0
- Try doing that with half a full tank.
- Take out all needless weight from the automobile, only one person should be in the driver’s seat.
The headlight adjustment of his Chrysler 300
Once your car is in position, you will turn on your dipped beam and make a cross-shaped mark (one horizontal and one vertical section) in the middle of the beam that will be projected on the wall. Check with a level that both parts of the cross are horizontal. Then back your car up to a distance of between 7 and 10 metres. For the rest of the process here are the steps to stick to:
- Open your bonnet, identify the screws for horizontal and vertical adjustment of the headlights of your Chrysler 300 (they are in most cases marked, and those on top must adjust the verticality and the one on the side handles the horizontality of the adjustment).
- Use a cloth or different things to hide the projector on which you are not making the modification.
- Using the screws to make the horizontal modification, you should have the most intense part of the beam which should be a little to the right of the vertical line noted on the wall
- With regard to vertical modification, you will have to use the screw to try to position the upper end of the beam at the level of the horizontal marking on the wall, or slightly below.
- Once finished, check that the headlights setting of your Chrysler 300 is coherent, do not think twice to check it after you have driven it, in some cases it may move.
If you want to adjust the fog lights on your Chrysler 300, please read our content page on this subject.
If you wish more guides on the Chrysler 300, go to our Chrysler 300 category.