Your car’s handbrake is a required security feature based on the highway code, in fact , it aims to end your Volkswagen Touran 3, even over a slight slope. It must be independent of the main brake system controls. It is also possible that as time passes the cable system of the hand brake will loosen up and you will certainly not pass the technical control or you may possibly feel that it is no longer stopping your car. To deal with these complications, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Volkswagen Touran 3 . To get this done, first we will see the adjustment of a manual handbrake on Volkswagen Touran 3 , then, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and ultimately the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Volkswagen Touran 3?
So we start out our content with the hand brake adjustment of a Volkswagen Touran 3 in its manual version. This version works in a basic way with a system of cable and screws that allow you to control the tension in the device and therefore to modify the stroke in the lever of the handbrake. To act on it you must act on these types of screws to be able to expand the handbrake cable of the Volkswagen Touran 3 . In any case, ahead of adjusting the hand brake, you must check that your rear wheels aren’t blocked during the adjustment. Make sure you find below the detailed technique to carry out this intervention:
- In the level of your handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once carried out, you should see a trapdoor in your handbrake, open it to see the screw and cable system.
- You will have to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench tool to allow you to replace the cable tension.
- Now screw on the locking mechanism nuts in both sides, make sure to make the exact changes on both sides to keep a balanced braking, and check that the hand brake handle of your Volkswagen Touran 3 has a stroke of about 3 notches.
- Tighten up the locknuts and test out the fastening of the rims of your car, if it’s very good you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten up again the tightening screws until you get a great ideal setting
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of the Volkswagen Touran 3, the adjustment will be precisely the same but it will be done by passing below your car with the level of your handbrake handle. Make sure set your car on the stand ahead of any action.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my Volkswagen Touran 3?
Second approach to handbrake adjustment in Volkswagen Touran 3 , this is an automatic handbrake, contrary to the manual one, this is done upon the brake drums or calipers, and is expected to adapt automatically for the wear of the brake shoes or pads. It may be that if you shortly have to acquire brake pads, your handbrake will lose power, here are the steps to consider to verify if the strain of your handbrake is the right one:
- Bear in mind that an automatic handbrake cannot be adjusted straight because it is supposed to adapt alone to the have on of the pads or shoes of your Volkswagen Touran 3.
- You can even now verify that the system is working correctly by putting your vehicle on the stand and verifying by driving under the auto that the brake pads are still in good performing order.
- For drum brakes it is necessary to take apart the brakes to verify the state of the shoes, all of us encourage you to have it done by a professional.
- Be sure you replace your pads if you need to.
What is the price of adjusting the handbrake of Volkswagen Touran 3 by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, especially since it questions a safety component of your car, namely the adjustment in the handbrake of the Volkswagen Touran 3 , we inform you to go to a technician who can adjust your handbrake to get a about fifty local currency . For those who have problems with vibrations when braking on Volkswagen Touran 3, do not wait to refer to our content which deals with this issue.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Touran 3, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Touran 3 category.