Your car’s handbrake is a mandatory protection feature according to the highway code, in fact , it aims to quit your Seat Arona, even over a slight incline. It must be independent of the main brake controls. It will be possible that after a while the wire system of the hand brake will relax and you will not really pass the technical control or you may well feel that it is actually no longer stopping your car. To cope with these concerns, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Seat Arona . To do this, first we will see the adjustment of a manual handbrake on Seat Arona , then, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and ultimately the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Seat Arona?
Therefore we start off our document with the hand brake adjustment of a Seat Arona in its manual version. This version performs in a basic way with a system of wire and anchoring screws that allow you to control the tension of the device and therefore to modify the stroke of the lever of the handbrake. To act on it you will need to act on these types of screws in order to stretch the handbrake cable of the Seat Arona . In any case, before adjusting the hand brake, you must be sure your rear end wheels aren’t blocked through the adjustment. Make sure you find under the detailed technique to carry out this kind of intervention:
- At the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once done, you should find out a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it up to see the screw and wire system.
- You will have to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench to allow you to change the cable tension.
- Now screw on the lock nuts on both sides, make sure to make the exact changes on both sides to hold a balanced braking, and be sure the hand brake handle of your Seat Arona has a stroke of about three notches.
- Tighten up the locknuts and test the locking of the rims of your car, if it’s good you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten again the tightening anchoring screws until you get a great optimal setting
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of the Seat Arona, the adjustment will probably be exactly the same however it will be done by passing beneath your car on the level of the handbrake handle. Be sure to place your car on the stand before any action.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my personal Seat Arona?
Second approach to handbrake adjustment on Seat Arona , this is an automatic handbrake, contrary to the manual one, this place is done directly on the brake drums or calipers, and it is supposed to adapt automatically towards the wear of the brake shoes or brake pads. It may be that if you soon have to acquire brake pads, the handbrake will lose power, here are the steps for taking to verify if the strain of your handbrake is the appropriate one:
- Realize that an automatic handbrake can’t be adjusted straight because it is likely to adapt alone to the use of the brake pads or shoes of your Seat Arona.
- You can nonetheless verify that the system is operating correctly by simply putting your vehicle on the stand and checking by driving under the auto that the pads are still in good performing order.
- For drum brakes it will probably be required to disassemble the brake systems to verify the state of the shoes, we recommend you to have it performed by a professional.
- Make sure to replace your brake pads if you need to.
What is the cost of adjusting the handbrake of Seat Arona by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, specifically since it fears a security component of your car, namely the adjustment of the handbrake of the Seat Arona , we counsel you to go to a mechanic who can adjust the handbrake to get a about fifty local currency . If you have problems with vibrations when braking on Seat Arona, do not hesitate to refer to our document which works with this problem.
If you have any further questions about the Seat Arona, do not hesitate to consult our Seat Arona category.