Your car’s handbrake is actually a obligatory security feature according to the highway code, in fact , it aims to quit your Renault Grand Modus, even on the slight incline. It must be independent of the main brake controls. It is also possible that over time the cable system of the hand brake will relax and you will not really pass the technical control or you could feel that it is no longer stopping your car. To deal with these concerns, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Renault Grand Modus . To accomplish this, first we will see the adjustment of a manual handbrake on Renault Grand Modus , in that case, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and finally the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Renault Grand Modus?
Therefore we start off our document with the hand brake adjustment of a Renault Grand Modus in its manual version. This version works in a basic way using a system of cable and anchoring screws that allow you to control the tension of the device and therefore to modify the stroke of the lever of the handbrake. To act on it you should act on these types of screws in order to extend the handbrake cable of the Renault Grand Modus . In any case, before adjusting the hand brake, you must be sure your rear end wheels are certainly not blocked throughout the adjustment. Please find under the detailed procedure to carry out this kind of intervention:
- With the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once carried out, you should discover a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it up to see the screw and cable system.
- You need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench to allow you to change the cable stress.
- Now screw on the lock nuts in both sides, make certain to make the same changes upon both sides to keep a balanced brake, and be sure the hand brake handle of your Renault Grand Modus has a stroke of about 3 notches.
- Tighten the locknuts and test the fastening of the rims of your car, if it’s great you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten again the tightening anchoring screws until you get an ideal setting
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of the Renault Grand Modus, the adjustment will be precisely the same nonetheless it will be done by passing below your car at the level of the handbrake handle. Make sure set your car on the stand before any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my personal Renault Grand Modus?
Second system of handbrake adjustment in Renault Grand Modus , this is an automatic handbrake, unlike the manual one, this one is done directly on the brake drums or calipers, which is meant to change automatically towards the wear of the brake shoes or disc brake pads. It may be that if you soon have to buy brake pads, the handbrake will suffer power, here are the steps to consider to verify if the strain of your handbrake is the right one:
- Remember that an automatic handbrake can’t be adjusted straight because it is meant to adapt on its own to the use of the disc brake pads or shoes of your Renault Grand Modus.
- You can still verify that the system is functioning effectively simply by putting the automobile on the stand and checking out by driving under the motor vehicle that the disc brake pads are still in good performing order.
- For drum brakes will probably be necessary to take apart the brakes to verify the state of the shoes, we all advise you to have it performed by a professional.
- Make sure to replace your disc brake pads if you need to.
What is the cost of adjusting the handbrake of Renault Grand Modus by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, especially since it worries a security component of your car, namely the adjustment of the handbrake of the Renault Grand Modus , we advise you to go to a technician who are able to adjust the handbrake for a about fifty euros . If you have problems with vibrations when braking on Renault Grand Modus, do not hesitate to refer to our document which refers to this trouble.
If you want more guides on the Renault Grand Modus, go to our Renault Grand Modus category.