Your car’s handbrake is a mandatory safety feature based on the highway code, in fact , this aims to end your Renault Grand Espace, even on the slight slope. It must be independent of the main brake system controls. It is also possible that as time passes the cable system of the hand brake will loosen up and you will not really pass the technical control or you may feel that it is actually no longer blocking your car. To address these challenges, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Renault Grand Espace . To do this, first we will see the adjustment of a manual handbrake on Renault Grand Espace , in that case, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and then finally the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Renault Grand Espace?
Therefore we begin our article with the hand brake adjustment of a Renault Grand Espace in its manual version. This kind of version works in a basic way having a system of cable and anchoring screws that allow you to control the tension on the device and thus to modify the stroke on the lever of your handbrake. To act on it you should act on these types of screws to be able to stretch out the handbrake cable of your Renault Grand Espace . In any case, just before adjusting the hand brake, you must check that your back wheels are certainly not blocked during the adjustment. Make sure you find below the detailed method to carry out this kind of intervention:
- In the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once done, you should discover a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it to see the screw and cable system.
- You need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench tool to allow you to change the cable pressure.
- Now screw on the lock nuts in both sides, make certain to make the same changes on both sides to hold a balanced brake, and check that the hand brake lever of your Renault Grand Espace has a stroke of about three notches.
- Tighten up the locknuts and test out the fastening of the rims of your car, if it’s good you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten up again the tightening anchoring screws until you get a great optimum configuration
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of your Renault Grand Espace, the adjustment will be precisely the same but it really will be done by passing under your car in the level of the handbrake lever. Make sure to place your car on the stand just before any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my own Renault Grand Espace?
Second approach to handbrake adjustment in Renault Grand Espace , this is an automatic handbrake, not like the manual one, that one is done on the brake drums or perhaps calipers, and it is meant to change automatically for the wear of your brake shoes or brake pads. It may be that if you before long have to buy brake pads, the handbrake will suffer power, here are the steps for taking to verify if the tension of your handbrake is the appropriate one:
- Bear in mind that an automatic handbrake can not be modified directly because it is meant to adapt itself to the don of the brake pads or pads of your Renault Grand Espace.
- You can nonetheless verify that the system is operating effectively by simply putting the vehicle on the stand and checking by driving under the car that the brake pads are still in good working order.
- For drum brakes it will be necessary to disassemble the tires to verify the state of the shoes, we recommend you to have it performed by a specialist.
- Remember to change your brake pads if you need to.
What is the price of adjusting the handbrake of Renault Grand Espace by a specialist?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, specifically since it worries a safety component of your car, namely the adjustment on the handbrake of your Renault Grand Espace , we inform you to go to a motor mechanic who can adjust the handbrake for the about fifty local currency . For those who have problems with vibrations when braking on Renault Grand Espace, do not hesitate to refer to our article which works with this issue.
If you want more tutorials on the Renault Grand Espace, go to our Renault Grand Espace category.