Your car’s handbrake is actually a mandatory protection feature based on the highway code, in fact , it aims to end your PORSCHE PANAMERA, even on a slight incline. It must be independent of the main brake system controls. It will be possible that over time the cable system of the hand brake will relax and you will not really pass the technical control or you might feel that it can be no longer blocking your car. To address these challenges, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your PORSCHE PANAMERA . To get this done, first we will see the adjustment of the manual handbrake on PORSCHE PANAMERA , in that case, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and ultimately the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on PORSCHE PANAMERA?
Thus we begin our document with the hand brake adjustment of a PORSCHE PANAMERA in its manual version. This kind of version works in a simple way with a system of cable and anchoring screws that allow you to control the tension in the device and thus to modify the stroke in the lever of the handbrake. To act on it you must act on these screws to be able to expand the handbrake cable of the PORSCHE PANAMERA . In any case, before adjusting the hand brake, you must make sure that your rear wheels aren’t blocked through the adjustment. Make sure you find below the detailed procedure to carry out this kind of intervention:
- With the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once done, you should see a trapdoor in your handbrake, open it to see the screw and cable system.
- You need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench tool to allow you to replace the cable stress.
- Now screw on the lock nuts on both sides, make sure you make the comparable changes upon both sides to keep a balanced braking, and make sure that the hand brake handle of your PORSCHE PANAMERA has a stroke of about three notches.
- Tighten the locknuts and test out the fastening of the rims of your car, if it’s good you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten up again the tightening anchoring screws until you get a great optimum configuration
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of the PORSCHE PANAMERA, the adjustment will be exactly the same but it really will be done by passing beneath your car in the level of the handbrake handle. Make sure to set your car on the stand before any action.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my PORSCHE PANAMERA?
Second approach to handbrake adjustment on PORSCHE PANAMERA , this is an automatic handbrake, as opposed to the manual one, this place is done upon the brake drums or calipers, and it is expected to adjust automatically for the wear of the brake shoes or disc brake pads. It may be that if you before long have to purchase brake pads, the handbrake will lose power, allow me to share the steps to consider to examine if the tension of your handbrake is the right one:
- Bear in mind that an automatic handbrake can’t be adjusted directly because it is supposed to adapt by itself to the wear of the disc brake pads or shoes of your PORSCHE PANAMERA.
- You can still examine that the system is functioning effectively by putting your vehicle on the stand and examining by driving under the auto that the brake pads are still in good functioning order.
- For drum brakes it is required to disassemble the tires to examine your the shoes, all of us advise you to have it completed by a professional.
- Remember to change your disc brake pads if you need to.
What is the price of adjusting the handbrake of PORSCHE PANAMERA by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, specifically since it concerns a security component of your car, namely the adjustment in the handbrake of the PORSCHE PANAMERA , we advise you to go to a technician that can adjust the handbrake for any about fifty local currency . If you have problems with vibrations when braking on PORSCHE PANAMERA, do not hesitate to consult our document which works with this trouble.
Whenever you have any further questions about the PORSCHE PANAMERA, do not hesitate to consult our PORSCHE PANAMERA category.