Your car’s handbrake is actually a mandatory protection feature according to the highway code, in fact , it aims to stop your Nissan Titan, even on a slight incline. It must be independent of the main brake system controls. It is also possible that after a while the wire system of the hand brake will loosen up and you will not really pass the technical control or you may feel that it truly is no longer blocking your car. To deal with these complications, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Nissan Titan . To achieve this, first we will see the adjustment of the manual handbrake on Nissan Titan , then simply, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and then finally the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Nissan Titan?
So we start out our document with the hand brake adjustment of a Nissan Titan in its manual version. This version performs in a basic way with a system of wire and screws that allow you to manage the tension on the device and thus to modify the stroke on the lever of your handbrake. To act on it you should act on these types of screws to be able to extend the handbrake cable of your Nissan Titan . In any case, prior to adjusting the hand brake, you must be sure your back wheels aren’t blocked during the adjustment. Make sure you find below the detailed method to carry out this intervention:
- With the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once done, you should discover a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it up to see the screw and wire system.
- You will need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench tool to allow you to replace the cable tension.
- Now screw on the lock nuts in both sides, make sure to make the comparable changes on both sides to keep a balanced braking, and be sure the hand brake lever of your Nissan Titan has a stroke of about three notches.
- Tighten up the locknuts and test the locking of the tires of your car, if it’s great you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten again the tightening screws until you get a great optimum configuration
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of your Nissan Titan, the adjustment will probably be exactly the same however it will be done by passing under your car on the level of the handbrake lever. Make sure to put your car on the stand prior to any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my personal Nissan Titan?
Second system of handbrake adjustment in Nissan Titan , this is an automatic handbrake, not like the manual one, this is done on the brake drums or perhaps calipers, and it is imagined to adapt automatically to the wear of your brake shoes or pads. It may be that if you quickly have to buy brake pads, the handbrake will suffer power, allow me to share the steps to take to examine if the strain of your handbrake is the appropriate one:
- Take note that an automatic handbrake can’t be adjusted straight because it is likely to adapt by itself to the wear of the pads or pads of your Nissan Titan.
- You can nonetheless examine that the system is functioning effectively by simply putting your vehicle on the stand and checking out by driving under the automobile that the disc brake pads are still in good performing order.
- For drum brakes it will be required to disassemble the brake systems to examine your the shoes, all of us recommend you to have it conducted by a specialist.
- Make sure to replace your pads if you need to.
What is the price of adjusting the handbrake of Nissan Titan by a specialist?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, especially since it concerns a safety element of your car, namely the adjustment on the handbrake of your Nissan Titan , we counsel you to go to a auto technician who can adjust the handbrake to get a about fifty euros . If you have problems with vibrations when braking on Nissan Titan, do not wait to consult our document which deals with this trouble.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Nissan Titan, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Titan category.