Your car’s handbrake is a required safety feature according to the highway code, in fact , this aims to quit your Kia Forte, even on the slight incline. It must be independent of the main brake system controls. It will be possible that with time the cable system of the hand brake will loosen up and you will certainly not pass the technical control or you may possibly feel that it can be no longer blocking your car. To deal with these complications, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Kia Forte . To do this, first we will see the adjustment of the manual handbrake on Kia Forte , after that, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and lastly the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Kia Forte?
So we start out our article with the hand brake adjustment of a Kia Forte in its manual version. This kind of version works in a simple way having a system of cable and screws that allow you to manage the tension in the device and so to modify the stroke in the lever of your handbrake. To act on it you need to act on these types of screws to be able to stretch the handbrake cable of your Kia Forte . In any case, just before adjusting the hand brake, you must be sure your rear end wheels aren’t blocked through the adjustment. Please find under the detailed procedure to carry out this intervention:
- With the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once carried out, you should find out a trapdoor in your handbrake, open it to see the screw and cable system.
- You need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench to allow you to change the cable stress.
- Now screw on the lock nuts upon both sides, make certain to make the same changes on both sides to hold a balanced braking, and be sure the hand brake lever of your Kia Forte has a stroke of about 3 notches.
- Tighten the locknuts and test out the fastening of the rims of your car, if it’s good you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten again the tightening screws until you get an optimal setting
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of your Kia Forte, the adjustment will be precisely the same however it will be done by passing beneath your car with the level of the handbrake lever. Make sure to put your car on the stand just before any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my personal Kia Forte?
Second approach to handbrake adjustment upon Kia Forte , this is an automatic handbrake, contrary to the manual one, this place is done upon the brake drums or calipers, and is expected to change automatically for the wear of your brake shoes or disc brake pads. It may be that if you shortly have to buy brake pads, the handbrake will suffer power, listed below are the steps to consider to examine if the strain of your handbrake is the appropriate one:
- Be aware that an automatic handbrake can’t be adjusted directly because it is designed to adapt by itself to the use of the disc brake pads or shoes of your Kia Forte.
- You can nonetheless examine that the system is working effectively simply by putting the vehicle on the stand and verifying by driving under the car that the disc brake pads are still in good performing order.
- For drum brakes it is necessary to disassemble the tires to examine the state of the shoes, all of us advise you to have it achieved by a professional.
- Remember to change your disc brake pads if you need to.
What is the price of adjusting the handbrake of Kia Forte by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, especially since it fears a security element of your car, namely the adjustment in the handbrake of your Kia Forte , we advise you to go to a mechanic that can adjust the handbrake for a about fifty euros . If you have problems with vibrations when braking on Kia Forte, do not think twice to refer to our article which refers to this problem.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Kia Forte, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Forte category.