Your car’s handbrake is a obligatory basic safety feature based on the highway code, in fact , it aims to quit your Hyundai Genesis, even on the slight slope. It must be in addition to the main brake controls. It is possible that with time the wire system of the hand brake will relax and you will not really pass the technical control or you may possibly feel that it really is no longer blocking your car. To cope with these problems, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Hyundai Genesis . To do this, first we will see the adjustment of your manual handbrake on Hyundai Genesis , in that case, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and then finally the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Hyundai Genesis?
Therefore we start out our document with the hand brake adjustment of a Hyundai Genesis in its manual version. This kind of version works in a basic way with a system of wire and anchoring screws that allow you to manage the tension from the device and so to modify the stroke from the lever of your handbrake. To act on it you will have to act on these kinds of screws in order to stretch out the handbrake cable of your Hyundai Genesis . In any case, just before adjusting the hand brake, you must check that your rear wheels are not blocked through the adjustment. Please find below the detailed technique to carry out this kind of intervention:
- At the level of your handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once done, you should find out a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it to see the screw and wire system.
- You need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench to allow you to replace the cable pressure.
- Now screw on the locking mechanism nuts about both sides, make sure to make the same changes on both sides to keep a balanced braking, and check that the hand brake handle of your Hyundai Genesis has a stroke of about 3 notches.
- Tighten up the locknuts and check the fastening of the wheels of your car, if it’s great you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten up again the tightening anchoring screws until you get an optimal setting
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of your Hyundai Genesis, the adjustment will be precisely the same however it will be done by passing directly below your car on the level of your handbrake handle. Make sure put your car on the stand just before any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my own Hyundai Genesis?
Second system of handbrake adjustment about Hyundai Genesis , this is an automatic handbrake, in contrast to the manual one, this is done upon the brake drums or calipers, which is designed to adapt automatically to the wear of your brake shoes or pads. It may be that if you rapidly have to get brake pads, your handbrake will suffer power, here are the steps for taking to check if the strain of your handbrake is the appropriate one:
- Take note that an automatic handbrake cannot be modified straight because it is likely to adapt by itself to the have on of the pads or shoes of your Hyundai Genesis.
- You can even now check that the system is operating properly simply by putting your vehicle on the stand and examining by driving under the motor vehicle that the pads are still in good working order.
- For drum brakes it will probably be necessary to take apart the brake systems to check your the shoes, we suggest you to have it completed by a professional.
- Make sure to change your pads if you need to.
What is the cost of adjusting the handbrake of Hyundai Genesis by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, specifically since it questions a security element of your car, namely the adjustment from the handbrake of your Hyundai Genesis , we give you advice to go to a motor mechanic that can adjust your handbrake for the about fifty local currency . When you have problems with vibrations when braking on Hyundai Genesis, do not hesitate to refer to our document which deals with this issue.
If you need more guides on the Hyundai Genesis, go to our Hyundai Genesis category.