Your car’s handbrake is actually a mandatory safety feature according to the highway code, in fact , this aims to quit your Honda E, even on a slight incline. It must be in addition to the main brake controls. It will be possible that with time the cable system of the hand brake will loosen up and you will not really pass the technical control or you may possibly feel that it is no longer blocking your car. To cope with these concerns, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Honda E . To achieve this, first we will see the adjustment of the manual handbrake on Honda E , after that, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and lastly the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Honda E?
So we start out our content with the hand brake adjustment of a Honda E in its manual version. This kind of version works in a basic way which has a system of cable and screws that allow you to control the tension on the device and so to modify the stroke on the lever of the handbrake. To act on it you must act on these screws to be able to expand the handbrake cable of the Honda E . In any case, prior to adjusting the hand brake, you must be sure your rear wheels aren’t blocked throughout the adjustment. Make sure you find below the detailed method to carry out this intervention:
- At the level of your handbrake, remove the plastic console that protects it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once completed, you should find out a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it up to see the screw and cable system.
- You will need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench tool to allow you to replace the cable pressure.
- Now screw on the locking mechanism nuts on both sides, ensure that you make the exact changes on both sides to hold a balanced braking, and be sure the hand brake handle of your Honda E has a stroke of about three notches.
- Tighten the locknuts and check the locking of the tires of your car, if it’s great you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten up again the tightening screws until you get a great ideal configuration
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of the Honda E, the adjustment will be precisely the same however it will be done by passing beneath your car with the level of your handbrake handle. Make sure you put your car on the stand prior to any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my own Honda E?
Second approach to handbrake adjustment on Honda E , this is an automatic handbrake, contrary to the manual one, that one is done directly on the brake drums or calipers, and is also supposed to adjust automatically to the wear of the brake shoes or pads. It may be that if you quickly have to buy brake pads, your handbrake will suffer power, here are the steps to take to verify if the strain of your handbrake is the appropriate one:
- Realize that an automatic handbrake can’t be modified straight because it is supposed to adapt alone to the put on of the pads or shoes of your Honda E.
- You can still verify that the system is functioning correctly by putting the automobile on the stand and verifying by driving under the car that the brake pads are still in good working order.
- For drum brakes it will be necessary to disassemble the brake systems to verify your the shoes, all of us suggest you to have it performed by a specialist.
- Be sure you replace your pads if you need to.
What is the cost of adjusting the handbrake of Honda E by a specialist?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, specifically since it concerns a security element of your car, namely the adjustment on the handbrake of the Honda E , we give you advice to go to a technician that can adjust your handbrake for a about fifty local currency . For those who have problems with vibrations when braking on Honda E, do not think twice to consult our content which deals with this issue.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Honda E, do not hesitate to consult our Honda E category.