Your car’s handbrake is a required protection feature based on the highway code, in fact , it aims to quit your Genesis G80, even on the slight slope. It must be independent of the main brake controls. It is also possible that after a while the wire system of the hand brake will relax and you will not pass the technical control or you might feel that it truly is no longer stopping your car. To address these challenges, we will look at how to adjust the hand brake on your Genesis G80 . To achieve this, first we will see the adjustment of a manual handbrake on Genesis G80 , then simply, in a second step, how to adjust an automatic handbrake, and finally the price of the service performed by a professional.
Adjusting a manual handbrake on Genesis G80?
Therefore we start our article with the hand brake adjustment of a Genesis G80 in its manual version. This kind of version works in a basic way which has a system of wire and screws that allow you to control the tension of the device and therefore to modify the stroke of the lever of the handbrake. To act on it you must act on these screws in order to stretch out the handbrake cable of the Genesis G80 . In any case, ahead of adjusting the hand brake, you must be sure your rear wheels aren’t blocked throughout the adjustment. Make sure you find below the detailed treatment to carry out this kind of intervention:
- On the level of the handbrake, remove the plastic console that covers it using the torx screws and clips.
- Once completed, you should discover a trapdoor on your handbrake, open it to see the screw and wire system.
- You will need to locate the locknuts and loosen them with a wrench tool to allow you to replace the cable stress.
- Now screw on the locking mechanism nuts in both sides, make certain to make the exact changes on both sides to hold a balanced braking, and be sure the hand brake handle of your Genesis G80 has a stroke of about 3 notches.
- Tighten the locknuts and test the fastening of the wheels of your car, if it’s very good you can reassemble the set, otherwise tighten up again the tightening screws until you get an ideal configuration
If you don’t have access to the handbrake flap of the Genesis G80, the adjustment will probably be exactly the same but it surely will be done by passing below your car on the level of the handbrake handle. Make sure to place your car on the stand ahead of any actions.
How do I adjust the automatic handbrake of my Genesis G80?
Second system of handbrake adjustment in Genesis G80 , this is an automatic handbrake, not like the manual one, this place is done upon the brake drums or perhaps calipers, which is meant to adjust automatically to the wear of the brake shoes or brake pads. It may be that if you quickly have to acquire brake pads, the handbrake will suffer power, here are the steps to take to examine if the tension of your handbrake is the right one:
- Take note that an automatic handbrake cannot be adjusted straight because it is likely to adapt on its own to the put on of the brake pads or shoes of your Genesis G80.
- You can even now examine that the system is functioning effectively by putting the car on the stand and looking at by driving under the automobile that the brake pads are still in good performing order.
- For drum brakes it is necessary to take apart the brake systems to examine the state of the shoes, we encourage you to have it done by a professional.
- Remember to change your brake pads if you need to.
What is the price of adjusting the handbrake of Genesis G80 by a professional?
Finally, if you do not feel comfortable with this procedure, specifically since it issues a safety component of your car, namely the adjustment of the handbrake of the Genesis G80 , we advise you to go to a motor mechanic that can adjust the handbrake for a about fifty local currency . In case you have problems with vibrations when braking on Genesis G80, do not think twice to refer to our article which works with this trouble.
To find more tips on the Genesis G80, take a look at the Genesis G80 category.